One Day More...
Updated: Jan 4, 2021
One day until It's Raining in Moscow and I Forgot my Umbrella is published!
On the Day Before my Book Release my True Love Sent to Me…
I’m under no illusions.
It is not easy getting people to read the book you have lovingly spent three years crafting and drafting – a lot of hard grafting!
But selling books isn’t why real writers write. They write because they love it. And if you can give other people some joy, some entertainment or even some hope, then it’s a wonderful bonus.
However, there are some interesting stats that I’ve found for new writers. They may not be totally accurate but probably not far off:
· 8.5% of writers receive more than 100 rejections.
· Most agents take on less than 1% of all submissions.
· To get onto Amazon’s Bestseller Top 100 radar across all titles you need to sell 1,000 copies of your book within the first few days following its release.
· To reach Amazon’s top five at any time probably means around 500 copies sold per day.
· C.S. Lewis got 800 rejections.
· 130 million books have been published in human history.
…and my top discouraging fact:
· 95% of books sell less than 100 copies.
So when It’s Raining in Moscow and I Forgot my Umbrella is released on Amazon tomorrow, I’m not expecting much.
But the good news is that I’m guaranteed one reader – my mum is definitely going to buy a copy! 😊
Please sign up below to receive my next blog, follow me on Facebook or Instagram!
It’s Raining in Moscow and I Forgot my Umbrella will be released on Amazon on
Monday 16th November